Social Icons

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Updates on Sunday, April 14th, 2013

Ben's Update #1:

Today is the twelfth day of Ben's coma since his longboarding accident.

I'm still in Hollywood, and will help present awards for the Writers of The Future event. We have some wonderful authors this year, and I want this day to be special for them. I'm excited, because I get to present the award for the grand prize winner.

So, I think we have good news on Ben. Mary says that he was "twitching" and moving a lot last night, as if he is trying to get comfortable. We don't know yet if that means he will wake up soon. I've heard that many times, a patient will have active days followed by inactive days, so we'll have to wait and see. But I'm taking it as a good sign.

~~~~~~
Ben's Update #2:

It's a little early for an update on Ben, but I will probably be gone until pretty late tonight.

Ben has developed a high fever, and is still fighting pneumonia. He has been on a couple of antibiotics, so the doctors have taken a culture to try to figure out what he is infected with. Meanwhile, they seem to be draining his lungs more frequently. Keeping our fingers crossed.

The doctor have also increased his sedation. The twitches and movements, his doctors believe, are a sign that he is in pain, so they're trying to calm him down.

On the good news front, Mary says that he is now opening his eyes almost every time that you touch him.

Once again, thank you for all of your help and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment