Social Icons

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Update on Wednesday, May 29th, 2013

Update on Ben Wolverton

Today is the 57th day since Ben fell off his longboard.

Ben had another good day today. He finally passed his barium-swallow test, and can now drink liquids without thickeners. Huzzah!

Ben is missing his cats. We have two of them. Domino is a white cat with black dots on her. She is missing him, too. Last night she cried outside my window for Ben. Normally, he would let the cat in to sleep with him, but Forrest and his new wife are staying at our house, and she's allergic to cats, so our kitties aren't getting much time inside the house.

Our neighbor, Tracy Pederson Thompson, was kind enough to offer Ben the loan of a walker when he comes home on Friday, so we have that taken care of. I spent some time today going over the forms to send out to the social security administration, the medicaid folks, and for the Department for People with Disabilities. I didn't get everything done, but I got most of it. Much of what they want can't be done quite yet--psychological evaluations and IQ tests.

I asked Ben what he wants to do the most when he gets home, and he says that he wants to talk to his friends, then go to the Mongolian Grill for dinner.

Mary didn't send me a picture today, so I called her tonight and Ben had the cell phone. I asked him to snap a picture of himself, so here is his self-portrait. I call it: I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT.
I pimp to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah
This is how I roll, animal print, pants outta control,
It's Redfoo with the big afro

No comments:

Post a Comment