Social Icons

Monday, April 8, 2013

3rd Update from Saturday, April 6th, 2013

Update on Ben: Ben has made it through his "dangerous 72 hours." He had a peaceful day, and made some progress. They took him off the respirator this morning, and let him breathe on his own. Yesterday, they fed him through a tube, and he held it down very well, so they fed him even more today. 

Despite the fact that he looks really bad, we're seeing some slow progress. He still hasn't wakened from his coma.

Today was an emotional day for me. I was really touched by the kindness of strangers. At least three people put up charitable sites to help fund Ben's recovery, and I have to admit that I cried several times when I saw just how kind people can be. Thank you, people, for your kindness.

I do want to make something clear, though. There is a rumor that Ben has run up over a million dollars in bills, and I'm not sure where that came from. Yes, it is likely to cost us a lot of money, and my brother did some research and thought it will probably run into millions, but we don't know that yet. Hopefully we'll know more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment