Social Icons

Monday, April 22, 2013

Update on Monday, April 22nd, 2013

Update on Ben Wolverton

Today is the 20th day since Ben's longboarding accident.

I went to see him at 5:00 this morning, and then again at about 7:00 a.m. He is getting more active, and each time that he opens his eyes, he seems to focus just a fraction of a second longer, but there are no big milestones that he hit this morning. Just a slow and steady forward progress.

He seemed very restless and agitated, and did a lot of kicking. We loosened his restraints and helped him do some stretches, then I got him on his side and gave him a back rub to help keep his blood circulating and make sure that he doesn't get any bedsores.

Other than that, I spoke to the social security department to see if Ben might qualify for social security disability, and also filled out the paperwork for Medicaid. While I was there, I checked on the costs so far. Yikes. I can't be sure, but I think we'll hit well above the million dollar mark here, even if Ben were to be discharged soon. Guess I'd better go write the next HUNGER GAMES.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Deseret News had an article about the book bomb, and Ben's continuing needs. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865578637/Book-buying-effort-helps-Utah-author-with-sons-medical-bills.html

No comments:

Post a Comment