Social Icons

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Update on Friday, May 31st, 2013

Update on Ben Wolverton

This is the 58th day since Ben fell off of his longboard.

Ben was sick yesterday with flu-like symptoms, so we weren't sure if they would release him from the hospital at Primary Children's Medical Center, but they let him out after his morning therapy sessions, and Ben is traveling home now. He won't get here for a few hours.

I did have someone who asked to see a close-up of Ben's "zipper head." I was going to ask my wife to get one, but today the doctors removed all of the staples from his head. So I'm sending the next-best thing--a photo of the doctor pulling the staples.

I'll have more pictures later.

Ben is on his way home from the hospital. Along the way, he got a surprise. Amy Atkinson Finnegan, brought him a new guitar, signed by the band members of IMAGINE DRAGONS. How cool is that? When he gets home, he also has a gorgeous new guitar strap and some picks sent from Matt Matthew W Harrill. It appears that musicians love to take care of their own. Thank you to all of you people. As part of Ben's therapy, I'm going to put him in music lessons for the summer. I could tell that he really enjoyed it in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment